Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PW Sceneries Feature in Computer Pilot Magazine!  (Read 14177 times)
Paul Wheeler
Administrator
Poseidon

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »

Finally a bit of publicity for PW Sceneries!  Thumbs Up

We feature in the freeware review section of this month's Computer Pilot Magazine:

Full Transcript

PW Sceneries

Author: Paul Wheeler
File size: about 2 Mb each
Available from: pwsceneries.fswaterconfigurator.com

At least once every month, someone on the forums announces the death of flight sim freeware. Iíve been writing the Frenzies for three years now, and Iíve never once been stumped for new material. Thereís always something new, and thereís often something old that Iíve overlooked. ďHow did I miss these?Ē I ask myself. The PW Sceneries are an example. Since January 2009, Paul Wheeler has been releasing freeware scenery for the Caribbean islands. So far, heís done Grenada (volume 1); the Grenadines, St. Vincent and Barbados (volume 2); St. Lucia and Martinique (volume 3); Dominica and Guadeloupe (volume 4). Next up, according to his forum, will be ďall the islands immediately north of Guadeloupe: Montserrat, Antigua, Redonda, St Kitts, Nevis, Barbuda, St Eustatius, Saba, St Barthelemy, St Maarten, Scrub Island, Dog Island, Sombrero and all the small islets in between.Ē Ten volumes are planned altogether, with coverage for the whole Caribbean. Wheeler uses objects from the default scenery library, so the downloads are very small. But each one features moving traffic, rivers and streams, accurate land usage, and detailed coastlines. On my mid-range PC, frame rates are good even in cloud. (It helps that the islands are surrounded by water.) Even if you donít normally fly here Ė and I didnít used to Ė give one of these a try, maybe starting with volume 4, and see if you donít get the whole set.

Thanks to Adam for finding this one and posting the transcript and scans.  Cheers

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: